Monday, August 25, 2008

Look out..here she comes!

Third Grade at last~
Makalei was really nervous last night so she had trouble falling asleep but she still managed to get up on time and get ready for her big day. She has had her outfit chosen for weeks...Monkeys head to toe (and don't forget the skull socks too!). She complained that her shoes didn't fit (as she does every other day) even though she had just tried them on the week before and they were a size too big. I told her either she was wearing them or she was paying me for them but either way, I didnt want to hear another word about them. SURPRISE, they suddenly fit.

Daddy met us at school since he had already been at work for two hours (poor Daddy!) so we all had breakfast together. Now there is no doubt Makalei is my child because while standing perfectly still in line with her breakfast, she somehow manages to dump the whole damn plate on the floor. She instantly looked like she was going to burst into tears. I was SO glad I was there because if not, she may have never stepped foot in the cafeteria again. (I used my better judgement and decided that it probably wasn't a good idea to take a picture of the food on the floor - Go Mom!) we replenished the plate and all was well with the world once again.

We walked her to class and she found her seat..right next to a boy she loathes. I intentionally asked the teacher not to sit her next to her friend Monica because they will never shut up. But I have a feeling being next to this boy will be short lived, she will see to that lol.

Well it is exactly 6.5 hours until the bus brings her home. anyone want to place a wager on whether she "lost" her shoes?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: